From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-licenses@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-licenses] What are our criteria for mirror restriction?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 10:58:40
1 >>>>> On Tue, 22 Nov 2016, Robin H Johnson wrote:
2
3 > I do however see a way forward:
4 > 1. Add an additional restriction to flag distfiles with license
5 > clauses as above: RESTRICT='mirror-nocost'
6 > 2. DOCUMENT that any consumers of the distfiles for use cases such
7 > as the above need to exclude distfiles by the above restriction.
8
9 Yes, but I wonder if it would be worth the effort for the few packages
10 that have such a restriction on the cost of distribution.
11
12 If availability of the distfile is an issue, a possible workaround
13 would be to provide a copy in the maintainer's account on dev.g.o and
14 add that as a secondary entry to SRC_URI.
15
16 Ulrich