From: Stelian Ionescu <sionescu@××××.org>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] common lisps overlay -> tree; maxima, fricas
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 18:53:09
1 On Sat, 2013-04-20 at 22:13 +0700, grozin@g.o wrote:
2 > Hello *,
3 >
4 > Today I've committed to the tree the following packages (all pmasked):
5 >
6 > dev-lisp/asdf-2.33-r4
7 > dev-lisp/uiop-2.33-r1
8 > dev-lisp/sbcl-1.1.6-r4
9 > dev-lisp/clisp-2.49-r7.ebuild
10 > dev-lisp/clozurecl-1.9_p1
11 > dev-lisp/ecls-12.12.1-r4
12 > dev-lisp/cmucl-20d-r3
13 > sci-mathematics/maxima-5.30.0
14 > sci-mathematics/fricas-1.2.0
15 >
16 > The lisp stuff is from the lisp overlay. I haven't used the overlay
17 > specific eclasses, just the standard helpers (doins etc.).
18 >
19 > clozurecl-1.9-r3 from the overlay is a live ebuild; are some of the recent
20 > updates essential? I replaced it by the today's snapshot (I've put it to
21 > dev.gentoo.org).
22
23 clozurecl-1.9-r3 is not a live ebuild, what makes you think that ?
24 Please don't put snapshots in portage unless really necessary, and this
25 is not the case since upstream makes regular releases.
28 > In clisp, I've corrected the dependency on pari (alas, it has to be
29 > <pari-2.5), and added an upstream patch which may be needed for new gcc
30 > versions.
31 >
32 > All abuilds are EAPI=5. Now, when a lisp used for maxima or fricas is
33 > upgraded, these CASs will be upgraded automatically - this is exactly the
34 > main point of EAPI5. It would be great to unmask all these packages soon,
35 > not to wait for years. Any specific reasons not to do so for any of these
36 > packages? Should something be improved before unmasking? Please, test! And
37 > inform me. Testsuites of maxima and fricas are OK, so, the lisps cannot be
38 > broken. But I am not so sure about the asdf stuff.
39
40 What are you unsure about ?
43 Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
44 Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
45 http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib