From: grozin@g.o
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] common lisps overlay -> tree; maxima, fricas
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 15:14:43
1 Hello *,
2
3 Today I've committed to the tree the following packages (all pmasked):
4
5 dev-lisp/asdf-2.33-r4
6 dev-lisp/uiop-2.33-r1
7 dev-lisp/sbcl-1.1.6-r4
8 dev-lisp/clisp-2.49-r7.ebuild
9 dev-lisp/clozurecl-1.9_p1
10 dev-lisp/ecls-12.12.1-r4
11 dev-lisp/cmucl-20d-r3
12 sci-mathematics/maxima-5.30.0
13 sci-mathematics/fricas-1.2.0
14
15 The lisp stuff is from the lisp overlay. I haven't used the overlay
16 specific eclasses, just the standard helpers (doins etc.).
17
18 clozurecl-1.9-r3 from the overlay is a live ebuild; are some of the recent
19 updates essential? I replaced it by the today's snapshot (I've put it to
20 dev.gentoo.org).
21
22 In clisp, I've corrected the dependency on pari (alas, it has to be
23 <pari-2.5), and added an upstream patch which may be needed for new gcc
24 versions.
25
26 All abuilds are EAPI=5. Now, when a lisp used for maxima or fricas is
27 upgraded, these CASs will be upgraded automatically - this is exactly the
28 main point of EAPI5. It would be great to unmask all these packages soon,
29 not to wait for years. Any specific reasons not to do so for any of these
30 packages? Should something be improved before unmasking? Please, test! And
31 inform me. Testsuites of maxima and fricas are OK, so, the lisps cannot be
32 broken. But I am not so sure about the asdf stuff.
33
34 Andrey