From: ChIIph <chiiph@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Ebuilds for bigloo3.3a_p4 and hop-2.0.0
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:15:32
On 01/14/10 14:54, Cyprien Nicolas wrote:
> Hello lispers, > > I'm attaching to this mail two ebuild for the last releases of Bigloo > and Hop, I have mainly adapted the existing ebuilds. >
Hello Cyprien, Thanks for providing these ebuilds, I'll make sure they are added to the overlay today.
> Some notes, about the bigloo.ebuild: > > I have to had the threads flag, for dependencies, hop[threads] needs > bigloo[threads], which needs boehm-gc[threads]. That makes the hop > ebuild with three dependencies on hop, I don't know how to make it > clearer, or better. >
There was an issue with a bundled copy of boegm-gc, I hope Mr Serrano took care of that :), otherwise some patching must be made for security reasons.
> Then, I had to manually had -fno-omit-frame-pointer to Bigloo's CFLAGS, > for several reasons: > First, for compile-bee, part of the code may be compiled with -pg flag > (for gprof profiling), this option is incompatible with > -fomit-frame-pointer. > Next, at runtime, Bigloo uses the CFLAGS he got at compile time when > calling GCC on the produced C file. so bigloo -p will call gcc -pg (if > enabled), then raise a gcc error. >
Yes, I've bumped up to this problem too. Strictly "ebuild-speaking", the best way to handle this is with the eclass flag-o-matic, removing -fomit-frame-pointer. Either way, you are right, that flag must be disabled.
> > This ebuild has been ran on both x86 hardened and x86_64 hardened > systems, without any issue except the -pg thing I have bypassed. >
Great, thanks for the testing. Regards, Tomas
> > > Any comment are welcome > > > Regards, > > ,Cyprien > >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-lisp] Ebuilds for bigloo3.3a_p4 and hop-2.0.0 Cyprien Nicolas <c.nicolas@×××××.com>