From: grozin@g.o
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] maxima-5.33.0
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 05:01:17
1 On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
2 > could you make a list of the most
3 > important issues you have related to lisp stuff, that trouble you when working
4 > with your sci-mathematics packages and reply back here?
5 I think the current status is OK.
6
7 1. gcl
8 I'd like to remove 2.6.7-r3 (it is masked). I think now it will not
9 compile without extra patches.
10 2.6.10 is a good release. When 2.6.11 will appear, I'll add it to the
11 tree. gcl will support asdf soon (maybe 2.6.11, maybe somewhat later).
12 When the relevant releases of gcl and asdf will appear, I'll add +asdf USE
13 flag.
14 Old versions of gcl were keyworded on many arches; in Debian gcl works on
15 many arches now. I can only run stuff on ~amd64 and ~x86. Maybe, file a
16 keywording bug for some arches? Which ones? ppc? ppc64? sparc?
17
18 2. clozurecl
19 There is a keywording bug for ppc and ppc64 filed by Pacho Ramos. If it
20 will be ever keyworded on ppc, I'll remove the ancient openmcl from the
21 tree (openmcl was renamed to clozurecl; openmcl in the tree is keyworded
22 ~ppc).
23
24 > The lisp team is highly understaffed the last years, we all know about that and
25 > speaking for myself my free time for Gentoo is very limited but still in this
26 > mess we have to try making some progress. I believe it's time to put back Lisp
27 > in staffing needs and try finding new people to recruit.
28 Yes, this is definitely a good idea.
29
30 Best wishes,
31 Andrey