From: Gh0st Shad0w <gh0st_7@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-lisp@l.g.o" <gentoo-lisp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Getting back
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 03:33:46
1 Welcome back
2
3 ________________________________
4 From: Cyprien Nicolas <gentoo@×××××.fr>
5 Sent: Sunday, 16 June 2019 10:10 PM
6 To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
7 Subject: [gentoo-lisp] Getting back
8
9 Hello fellow lispers,
10
11 I'm returning to Gentoo contribution after a while away, main reason was
12 explained in [1] (dead laptop). And I got a new job, moved to Lyon (Fr),
13 and I a lot to think about.
14
15 Two weeks ago, I was getting bored and I rediscovered I had a gentoo
16 dedicated mailbox. I opened it and I was surprised that I was still
17 subscribed to plenty of mailing lists. (My primary mail server died 3
18 years ago, and I didn't restored it, but the backup server did his job.)
19
20 I still have write access to the lisp overlay and EditBugs privileges, I
21 said "Hi" on #gentoo-lisp and started wrangling bugs.
22
23 After two weeks triaging common-lisp bugs (most of theme as obsolete), I
24 was saying to myself "I missed that!" :-) [2].
25
26 So, I'm happy to be back, I will mainly be available on week-ends, and
27 I'm going to start wrangling scheme@g.o bugs.
28
29 I have a lot to catch up on policies (latest EAPI was 5, GLEP76, the
30 tree has finally be migrated on git!, …).
31
32 I still have plans to add/complete SLOT support to dev-scheme/guile [1],
33 since now the doc officially says it is supported [3], and guile-3 is on
34 its way [4].
35
36 I'll accept any feedback. As I'm not a dev and as I may have forgotten
37 some policies or they have changed, please tell me if I'm doing
38 something wrong or inappropriate.
39
40 1.
41 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-lisp/message/10dca5804286993efde8de1ae4f11bea
42 2. Thanks to ulm and graaf, clisp-2.49.92 stabilization in almost done,
43 and I have added clisp-9999 to the overlay.
44 3.
45 https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Parallel-Installations.html
46 4. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2019-05/msg00030.html
49 Regards,
50 --
51 Cyprien Nicolas (Fulax)
52 (returning) Gentoo Lisp project contrib