From: Cyprien Nicolas <gentoo@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] Getting back
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 12:10:24
1 Hello fellow lispers,
2
3 I'm returning to Gentoo contribution after a while away, main reason was
4 explained in [1] (dead laptop). And I got a new job, moved to Lyon (Fr),
5 and I a lot to think about.
6
7 Two weeks ago, I was getting bored and I rediscovered I had a gentoo
8 dedicated mailbox. I opened it and I was surprised that I was still
9 subscribed to plenty of mailing lists. (My primary mail server died 3
10 years ago, and I didn't restored it, but the backup server did his job.)
11
12 I still have write access to the lisp overlay and EditBugs privileges, I
13 said "Hi" on #gentoo-lisp and started wrangling bugs.
14
15 After two weeks triaging common-lisp bugs (most of theme as obsolete), I
16 was saying to myself "I missed that!" :-) [2].
17
18 So, I'm happy to be back, I will mainly be available on week-ends, and
19 I'm going to start wrangling scheme@g.o bugs.
20
21 I have a lot to catch up on policies (latest EAPI was 5, GLEP76, the
22 tree has finally be migrated on git!, …).
23
24 I still have plans to add/complete SLOT support to dev-scheme/guile [1],
25 since now the doc officially says it is supported [3], and guile-3 is on
26 its way [4].
27
28 I'll accept any feedback. As I'm not a dev and as I may have forgotten
29 some policies or they have changed, please tell me if I'm doing
30 something wrong or inappropriate.
31
32 1.
33 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-lisp/message/10dca5804286993efde8de1ae4f11bea
34 2. Thanks to ulm and graaf, clisp-2.49.92 stabilization in almost done,
35 and I have added clisp-9999 to the overlay.
36 3.
37 https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Parallel-Installations.html
38 4. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2019-05/msg00030.html
41 Regards,
42 --
43 Cyprien Nicolas (Fulax)
44 (returning) Gentoo Lisp project contrib