From: Chema Alonso <nimiux@g.o>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Stepping down from Lisp Project Lead and more
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:40:47
1 On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 09:55:18PM +0300, Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I just wanted to let you know that due to obvious reasons, I can stay Lead to
5 > the Lisp Project no more. I've been devaway for many years, but this is not the
6 > case. I joined the Project when I was University student. At that time I had a
7 > lot of free time (the golden age in Greece, just before our famous "crisis" hit
8 > us) and was playing with AI projects so I wanted to learn Lisp etc. Nowadays,
9 > I've become just a workaholic IT employee that still uses Gentoo for many
10 > projects but not anything related to Lisp (sadly I even found more interest in
11 > Prolog).
12 >
13 > I have very little free time, but still want to help the Gentoo Project. I want to step
14 > down (may even remove my self from scheme/common-lisp herds) and see if I can
15 > work on some other area (base-system or cluster projects) where I still use
16 > packages.
17 >
18 > I will try though, to fix guile because someone has to do this.
19 >
20 > People who want to help the Lisp Project (nimiux, ulm, grozin & power users)
21 > shall gather to look into the future of the project. I said last time that I would add
22 > an entry in Staffing Needs[1], but forgot. I'll do it as soon as I write some
23 > good text for it.
24 >
25 > For anyone who reads this and wants to help, if you are an AI student or PhD at some
26 > University, you work on Lisp or have an interest in the Lisp field, please step up
27 > and start helping. Also, if you're an upstream developer, start using Gentoo and
28 > you will see that it is the perfect platform for development/testing.
29 >
30 > Last, I want to apologize for not being around and for letting the bugzilla be
31 > in such mess. I'm sorry guys.
32 >
33 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs
34 >
35 > ps. I'm sending this to -dev too because everyone should know about the current
36 > status of lisp in gentoo.
37 >
38 > --
39 > Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
40 > ( Gentoo Lisp Project )
43 Hi,
44
45 Same here, almost no free time to contribute to the project. I still
46 bump some packages, contribute to some bugs and push some fixes to the
47 lisp overlay but I hardly can read email and irc once or two days
48 per week.
49
50 I could take the project leader role but I think my name would be just
51 a placeholder to substitute yours.
52
53 Sure we need more people involved but I can't think a way to get more
54 manpower.
55
56 Thanks for all your work.