From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pchrist@g.o>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Cc: Jesus Rivero <neurogeek@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] sbcl-1.1.2 and other things
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:02:18
1 On 20:24 Fri 14 Dec , Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
2 > asdf is from the overlay (version bumped), but there is a problem:
3 > common-lisp-3 eclass is not in the tree. I simply inserted the needed
4 > stuff from this eclass to the asdf ebuild. Yes, I know, this is not the
5 > right thing to do. But it seems that nobody works on moving this eclass to
6 > the main tree, and this blocks all further progress.
9 We need to fix this thing once and for all by testing the common-lisp-3
10 eclass and move it in the main tree. I apologize for the whole mess as I'm
11 responsible for this stuff. I'll try inside the Christmas holidays to do
12 this. Any help though is much appreciated. I'll talk with Jesus
13 (neurogeek) again, he had told me that he would help, I slowed him down
14 because I wanted to check some things myself. If anyone wants to step up
15 and do this, I have no objection. Gentoo shouldn't wait for when I and
16 people like me will find free time, anymore. I'm sorry to say that, but
17 working 12 hours/day I can't organize my (free) time the way I want*. I
18 hope things will become better in the future for all of us.
21 Btw, if anyone wants to step up, and be trained to become developer, drop me an
22 email or line on irc. I will mentor you if you have the minimal
23 requirements: sanity (for not breaking the tree), good lisp knowldege,
24 motivation for gentoo and some time to spend.
25
26 Panagiotis.
27
28 *I mean, I need time to rest my hands :(
31 Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
32 ( Gentoo Lisp Project )