From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] sbcl-1.1.2 and other things
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:02:32
1 Hello *,
2
3 Things from the lisp overlay migrate to the main tree very slowly. And
4 even in the overlay some important new versions are absent. sbcl-1.1.* for
5 example.
6
7 Today, I committed to the main tree
8
9 asdf-2.26
10 gentoo-init-1.0
11 sbcl-1.1.2
12
13 All this stuff is pmasked. I am not a lisp expert myself, I only use lisp
14 to compile maxima and fricas. sbcl seems the best lisp for this, it is
15 fast and problem-free. So, I am really interested in having recent
16 versions of sbcl in the tree.
17
18 Also, it seems that there is some inconsistency in gentoo-init and asdf
19 which are available in the main tree; in the overlay, things have been
20 fixed. Moving this stuff to the main tree is, I think, high priority.
21
22 gentoo-init-1.0 is from the overlay, practically verbatim (I had to do
23 minor changes to make it co-exist with 0.1 in the tree).
24
25 asdf is from the overlay (version bumped), but there is a problem:
26 common-lisp-3 eclass is not in the tree. I simply inserted the needed
27 stuff from this eclass to the asdf ebuild. Yes, I know, this is not the
28 right thing to do. But it seems that nobody works on moving this eclass to
29 the main tree, and this blocks all further progress.
30
31 sbcl is also from the overlay, version bumped. sbcl-1.1.2 successfully
32 compiles maxima and fricas on x86 and amd64, and everything seems quite
33 good.
34
35 So, if anybody has objections against moving these things to the main
36 tree, please, say so now, while this stuff is hard-masked. If I'll hear no
37 objections after some period, I'll unmask it.
38
39 Andrey