From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] On MIPS using the same CHOST for all multilib ABIs
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 21:58:02
1 On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 01/17/2014 06:36 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
3 >> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> Apologies for the stupid question (still trying to understand how our
5 >>> multilib works) but if our CHOST are being a problem, how come our
6 >>> multilib profiles work fine?
7 >>
8 >> The multilib profiles only *enable* multilib support by forcing on the
9 >> multilib USE flag for gcc and glibc. Without it, your system will not
10 >> have a C library built for non-default ABIs.
11 >>
12 > So if you have an eg multilib/n32 profile, and you emerge another
13 > library (say libffi) you will only end up with n32 ABI libffi library?
14
15 It's dependent on the value of ABI_MIPS.