From: Adrian Sandor <aditsu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] new deployed
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 07:07:45
--- On Sat, 3/13/10, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
> Adrian Sandor wrote: > > Great, thanks! > > This is actually an old question, but anyway, what is > the meaning of these terms? > > - no time > > - hangs > > - renewed > > And have you considered explaining them on the same > page? > > Ah, I haven't considered to explain it because I thought > they were pretty self-explanatory.
What is self-explanatory for one person is enigmatic for another one. Happened to me too :) Especially "no time" doesn't seem to make any sense.
> no time means that there is a 404 or the timestamp file > isn't there.
So that's "timestamp not found"
> hangs means the site times out.
Oh, so that's "network timeout"
> renewed means that the probe has checked the site during > the last run.
Doesn't it check every site every time it runs? Thanks for explaining Adrian

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mirrors] new deployed Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>