From: Adrian Sandor <aditsu@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o" <gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] mirror fetch jobs and --checksum
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 10:06:03
1 Well, my concern is that for a source mirror, rsync would have to read 300+GB of data every 4 hours, it seems a bit harsh (unless there is some way to save/cache checksums?)
2 Adrian
3 From: Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o>
4 To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
5 Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:44 PM
6 Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] mirror fetch jobs and --checksum
7
8 My primary concern is rsync mirrors, but source mirrors would benefit as
9 well (there was a recent incident with the bash upstream changing a
10 distfile file without modifying the mtime).
11