From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] [Fwd: Mirror disk space.]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:52:01
Jeffrey Forman wrote:
> This reminded me of something I meant to talk to release engineering > about. I will be discussing with them in the next few days what we can > move off of /releases and into /historical. It will most likely be the > 2004.1 release, and possibly 2004.2. > > I will be sending out emails on this ML alerting you to our plan. > > Thanks, > Jeffrey > > On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 22:50 -0700, stolen wrote: > >> As more and more releases show up, we are starting to run out of >>space. Are there any plans to move 2004.1 into a historical directory >>any time soon? If not we will soon have to stop mirroring the release >>iso's (at which point we would dump everything but /distfiles and >>/snapshots and become a distfiles only mirror). :(
Ok, just FYI. We've been having some weird problems with our scripts creating .foo files in random places in the experimental directory. I just freed up about 4G worth of space because of this. I'm going to try and watch to make sure those files don't creep back into the directories. I hope that helps some of you! And, we will be still moving stuff to historical soon so that will free up a lot of space for you guys! Sorry its been getting so big lately. Cheers, -- Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> Gentoo Infrastructure --- Public GPG key: <> Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742 ramereth/