From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Please vote on this proposal related to http://bugs.gentoo.org/667602
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2018 16:08:16
1 On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 11:14 AM Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Summary:
4 > The short version of the bug is that a non-trivial number of developers
5 > cannot commit with an SoB line because their company has not yet reviewed
6 > the new Gentoo Copyright GLEP, and so they lack company approval to attach
7 > SoB lines or agree to the DCO.
8 >
9 > The bug requests that a reprieve be granted until the company reviews the
10 > new policy and (hopefully) grants approval. This would be in the form of an
11 > allowlist where specific identities (approved by some delegate of council
12 > && trustees) do not require an SoB line to commit for some period of time.
13 >
14 > Proposal:
15 > I propose the board grant this reprieve, for whitelisted accounts for 90
16 > days, with no extension. Williamh will supply the initial list of accounts,
17 > to be reviewed verbally by a board delegate and a council delegate.
18 >
19 > If the company cannot return a decision in 90 days, we can revisit the
20 > motion with any updated data.
21 >
22 > If the company returns a decision before 90 days, the whitelist program
23 > will be terminated (regardless of decision reached.) Note that if the
24 > company decides that approval will not be granted, we will in effect be
25 > unable to accept commits from these developers on work time.
26 >
27 > As president, I will not vote on this motion, because I'm proposing it, so
28 > a tie vote is possible.
29 >
30 > Please vote on -nfp; a GPG signed mail is sufficient.
33 If you could please vote within the next 7 days; I think the council would
34 appreciate some expedient action in this matter.
35
36 Thanks,
37
38 -A