From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>, gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 01:15:38
1 On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > My general assertion here is that:
4 >
5 > 1) If the foundation is prevented legally from accepting a member due to
6 > their country of origin, its also probable that the foundation is unable to
7 > accept any contributions from said member for similar reasons.
8 >
9 > 2) If the foundation is able to legally accept a member due to their country
10 > of origin, its probable that the foundation is able to accept their
11 > contributions.
12 >
13 > I suspect that the gap where the foundation cannot legally accept a member,
14 > but somehow it can accept their contributions) is not noteworthy.
17 I tend to agree. The other good news here is that US embargoes have
18 been dwindling of late. Iran and Cuba were the really big ones in the
19 past, and both of those are on their way out. However, this is one of
20 the downsides to having your sole legal existence in the US. I'm not
21 sure to what extent having independent orgs in multiple countries
22 helps here.
25 Rich