From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Potential Bylaw violation in 2017 Foundation member removal
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 19:28:32
1 W dniu czw, 31.05.2018 o godzinie 21∶08 +0200, użytkownik Ulrich Mueller
2 napisał:
3 > > > > > > On Thu, 31 May 2018, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > Now, in May of 2015 the Foundation member list have been updated
5 > > with a number of members being removed (with no comment suggesting
6 > > why the update took place) [2]. According to data on file (LDAP),
7 > > among the removed Foundation members there were 10 active Gentoo
8 > > developers at the time:
9 > > - deathwing00
10 > > - djc
11 > > - flameeyes
12 > > - hattya
13 > > - jkt
14 > > - rafaelmartins
15 > > - scarabeus
16 > > - titanofold
17 > > - xmw
18 > > - yngwin
19 > > [...]
20 > > What should be done about developers who were unjustly removed?
21 >
22 > As a Foundation member, I suggest that all 10 developers listed above
23 > are reinstated as Foundation members. For the developers that are
24 > still active today there should be no question about this.
25 >
26 > The retired developers were deprived of their right to vote in any
27 > election. So IMHO their member status should be restored too, and the
28 > "two elections rule" should be reset for them, and apply only to
29 > future elections.
32 I don't think there's much of a point in reinstating retired developers.
33 However, I believe they all deserve an apology, especially after being
34 slandered this way today.
37 Best regards,
38 Michał Górny