From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] List of items to be addressed by audit
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 23:47:20
On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 19:28 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> Just making a quick list of the items/questions asked buried in a few > posts in a previous thread. No need to reply till there are answers. > This is just a list/summary of the items/questions to be answered once > the internal audit has been completed. > > I am very appreciative and thankful that the trustees will be conducting > an internal audit. I will patiently away the outcome, and answers to the > following items/questions. > > 1. State filings, with NMPRC and State Attorney General, bi-annual > filings with NMPRC, and annual with State Attorney General > 2. Federal filings, annual tax return, form 990 (990-N or 990-EZ) > 3. Where is the money from the old bank account? When was it > received/deposited into new account, and how much?
If my memory serves from when I was a trustee, there was like $40k in that old bank account. Even if I am off, I am pretty sure it was over $10k.
> 4. What is the cause behind the $9k discrepancy in Q3 2010, and why > was that not caught sooner, like in 2008 or 2009?
Add that up with the $9k from Q3 2010. That is potentially between $20k to $50k of other peoples money donated to Gentoo. Which the trustees have no idea about. I would think alone would be alarming and reason to act sooner than later. Much less the financial accounting required by state and feds. Really no time to slack on these matters which should have been addressed years ago :( -- William L. Thomson Jr. Obsidian-Studios, Inc.