From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Possible scenario for '07/'08 Trustees]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:49:11
1 > On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 12:38 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 >> OK. As I see it, we don't even have enough people *running* to be a
3 >> trustee. So, what should we do, instead?
4 >>
5 >> Well, how about this? First, hold an election with a few items:
6 >> - Join the SFC
7 >> - Become a 501(c)(3) in DE
8 >> - Become a 501(c)(6) in DE
9 >>
10 >> Now, if the first is selected, we'd do the following:
11 >>
12 >> - Remove Paul as a trustee as he has stated he doesn't have time, he is,
13 >> of course, welcome to remain if he wishes
14 >> - Add Joshua as a trustee to replace Paul, or just to help out
15 >> - Michael leaving if he still wishes
16 >> - The remaining people are responsible for getting Gentoo joined up with
17 >> the SFC
18 >>
19 >> Now, if either of the other two are selected, we've got problems, since
20 >> we don't have enough people even running. This is another indicator, to
21 >> me, that we shouldn't be wasting our time doing the legal aspects
22 >> ourselves if we can't even get 5 people that want to do it out of 300+
23 >> developers.
24 >
25 > Ah, I was under the impression that trustees were first nominated --- is
26 > that not so? I'll run if you need people; I don't mind legal stuff.
27
28 Also, I don't think I ever accepted my nomination, I'm more than happy to
29 help out and get things rolling. :)
30
31 Steve
32 --