From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Words of Caution
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:31:25
I'd just like to remind everyone that trustees are people that should
have a bit of business savvy about them and should be comfortable
dealing with paper work along with budgets. Just because someone is good
at the technical aspect of Gentoo does not mean they can figure out the
difference between a hole in the ground and something else.

If you've been nominated, please take the above into consideration
before accepting. Don't just accept because you "want to make a
diference in Gentoo and the previous guys just did it wrong." We've had
enough of those platforms and frankly those people fell flat on their
faces and left us in that situation.

If you've never heard of the UCC or what corporate bylaws are and mean,
you should sit out of this one and get involved in another aspect of Gentoo.

That being said, I'd like to also remind everyone on this list to stay
objective and not to make things personal. There have been a few
comments on here lately that have been borderline.

Thanks for hearing me out everyone. And remember, Gentoo is about having
a good time in your spare time. If you're not having a good time, step
back and take a breath... don't let it out on someone else.

Doug Klima
gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Words of Caution Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>