From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Status Update of the Gentoo Foundation
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:08:22
Hi all,

My apologies that this took this long; blame the annoying gnat that's
lurking behind you...

Gentoo Foundation - Status Update

1. Gentoo name and G logo

   Chien Colleen, the Foundation's attorney, will look into the trademark
   registration of the Gentoo name and the G logo. Once established (and
   transferred from Gentoo Technologies Inc.), the Gentoo Foundation will
   put out guidelines on the use of the name and logo of which a draft is
   available at

2. Bank Account

   Grant is working on the NetBank account for the Gentoo Foundation. Once an
   account is established (which, considering the
   we-are-no-501.3(c)6-yet-but-we-are-working-on-it status, is a bit more work
   than usual) a PayPal account will be created.

3. Copyright assignment

   After a conference call with Chien Colleen we are still investigating wether
   or not it is feasible to ask for copyright assignment of Gentoo-related
   material in order to protect us from possible license infringements. Chien
   will now be working on a Copyright Assignment Document that covers our needs
   without putting any demands on our contributors rights.

   Meeting minutes can be found online at

4. Donations

   Daniel Robbins has informed us that the Gentoo Store will keep the donations
   separately until the Foundation has a bank account, on which he'll then
   transfer the donations to.

  Documentation & PR project leader

  The Gentoo Project   <<< >>>

Subject Author