From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 19:25:21
1 On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 12:54 PM Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > We should have a lot more implementation documentation, and process
4 > documents about HOW we follow the guiding principles. My recent thread
5 > about establishing a more formalized timeline for the Trustee election
6 > was an example of that.
7
8 You might want to look at what was already done with the activity
9 tracker, which was another attempt to proceduralize more of what the
10 Foundation does:
11 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Activity_Tracker
12
13 One of the few areas that did get worked out in more detail was the
14 election process:
15 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Elections
16
17 Of course, that page is only as useful as the information that was
18 provided, as you'll note that the page states that the IRS 990 was
19 last filed in 2014. I'm guessing I filled that in based on info
20 provided in IRC or email, but I'd have to dig way back to find what
21 exactly was provided to me if it was me that updated it. My intent
22 was to have the responsible parties directly update it, but the page
23 never really took off and once I stopped maintaining it myself some
24 time after stepping down as Trustee it looks like it was no longer
25 updated.
28 Rich