From: Daniel Ostrow <dostrow@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Cc: Joshua Jackson <tsunam@g.o>, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Requirements for places of incorporation.
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:06:55
1 On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 17:50 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Joshua Jackson wrote:
3 > > Alright, I've been doing a bit of research on incorporating in various
4 > > states. Here is a summary of one option. I'll try and get DC up for
5 > > consideration later, however finding the information through them
6 > > seems to be slightly tougher (forms are easier to find though)
7 >
8 > Everything I've read suggests that Delaware is the place to incorporate
9 > because of friendlier laws. Apparently Nevada is similar.
10 >
11 > http://www.mynewcompany.com/whichstate.htm seems like a reasonable
12 > coverage of some options.
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 > Donnie
18 <pasted from an earlier e-mail on the topic>
19
20 Unlike New Mexico which actually requires that an officer of the
21 corporation hold state residency Delaware only requires that a
22 "Registered Agent" hold residency in the state, and hold the same
23 address as that listed in the articles of incorporation. The legal
24 requirements to be a Registered Agent in Delaware are to maintain a
25 street address and office located in Delaware and be open during normal
26 business hours for the purpose of accepting service of process according
27 to 8 DEL.C. ยง 132. Basically they need to be able to present the
28 articles of incorporation for inspection uppon request. This is
29 consistent with other corporate friendly states such as Nevada and
30 Tennessee.
31
32 </pasted>
33
34 The fees are lowest in Delaware for this service, it was something like
35 an initial $500 for registration and then a $150 annual renewal.
36
37 --Dan
40 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list