From: Joshua Jackson <tsunam@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Requirements for places of incorporation.
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:15:40
1 Daniel Ostrow wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 17:50 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >
4 >> Joshua Jackson wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Alright, I've been doing a bit of research on incorporating in various
7 >>> states. Here is a summary of one option. I'll try and get DC up for
8 >>> consideration later, however finding the information through them
9 >>> seems to be slightly tougher (forms are easier to find though)
10 >>>
11 >> Everything I've read suggests that Delaware is the place to incorporate
12 >> because of friendlier laws. Apparently Nevada is similar.
13 >>
14 >> http://www.mynewcompany.com/whichstate.htm seems like a reasonable
15 >> coverage of some options.
16 >>
17 >> Thanks,
18 >> Donnie
22 > <pasted from an earlier e-mail on the topic>
23 >
24 > Unlike New Mexico which actually requires that an officer of the
25 > corporation hold state residency Delaware only requires that a
26 > "Registered Agent" hold residency in the state, and hold the same
27 > address as that listed in the articles of incorporation. The legal
28 > requirements to be a Registered Agent in Delaware are to maintain a
29 > street address and office located in Delaware and be open during normal
30 > business hours for the purpose of accepting service of process according
31 > to 8 DEL.C. § 132. Basically they need to be able to present the
32 > articles of incorporation for inspection uppon request. This is
33 > consistent with other corporate friendly states such as Nevada and
34 > Tennessee.
35 >
36 > </pasted>
37 >
38 > The fees are lowest in Delaware for this service, it was something like
39 > an initial $500 for registration and then a $150 annual renewal.
40 >
41 > --Dan
44 Appears to be the same with Nevada on the "Resident Agent", and the
45 definition of a register agent is as follows.
46
47 NRS 88A.070 “Resident agent” defined. “Resident agent” means the agent
48 appointed by a business trust upon whom process or a notice or demand
49 authorized by law to be served upon the business trust may be served.
50
51 (Added to NRS by 1999, 1561
52 <http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Statutes/70th/Stats199910.html#Stats199910page1561>)
53
54 So that's that. I'll try to look into exactly what DC requires this weekend.
57 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list