From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation bank account
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 12:07:27
On Sunday 03 August 2008 17:01:10 gentoo-nfp+help@l.g.o wrote:
> Another option, that might be fit our role more is some direct or online > banking. is one of the biggest ones. Capital One is another one > but I don't care for them as a company ..  personal preference. That > would get by the problem of having to be close by.
(Following the list via digest mode.) Compass Bank is another 100% online bank. I don't know a lot about them, but do know I get a decent amount of their cards thru at work, so people use 'em. 100% online, they sand you a card and you can do business at any ATM. They refund ATM fees up to X dollars per transaction. But I've no idea on business accounts with them, and no idea if they require direct deposit or just that you use an ATM for deposits as well. 100% online, tho, so there shouldn't be restrictions on locality, except that their ATM fee refunds might not cover the full amount of non-US transactions. Due to the strengthened banking laws after 9/11, pretty much anything in the US is going to require ID verification of some sort. However, I'm not certain it would have to be all officers, and since faxed documents are held to be legally valid in the US, I'm guessing that's how something that's 100% online would work, fax them the IDs. It's possible they'd need notarized, but notaries are pretty common. Just throwing another option out there. At least here, ask anyone to name an online bank, and Compass is likely the name that would come up. -- Duncan - Plain text mail please, HTML mail filtered as spam "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation bank account Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation bank account Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation bank account "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>