From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Conference call with lawyers
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:27:19
1 On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 09:37 -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote: [Thu Nov 16 2006, 01:58:17PM CST]
3 > > What I want to know right now is simple.
4 > >
5 > > - How much money do we have?
6 > > - Where is it?
7 >
8 > Paypal -- $29 233.07 (USD)
9 > Netbank -- $ 718.83 (USD)
10
11 Store -- $ 9 061.70 (USD)
12
13 > We also have somewhere between $5000 and $7000 from Google, but I
14 > missed a box on the tax form so I'm working to get a new check cut.
15 >
16 > > - How do we access it?
17 >
18 > The usual methods for paypal, and either online or w/ a debit card
19 > for netbank.
20
21 OK. Who has the account information, then? You?
22
23 Do we have any other accounts, as a Foundation (newegg, ebay, etc.) that
24 you know of?
25
26 > > - Who is responsible for it?
27 >
28 > At the moment, I am. We really need a new bank, but we really need to
29 > reincorporate first, since we'll need an Articles of Incorporation to
30 > open the account, and I'm not sure what our current status in NM is
31 > right now.
32 >
33 > > - At what rate does this money come in?
34 >
35 > As of 1 Aug we had $27 309.04 in our paypal account.
36
37 So we can guesstimate that at ~2000 USD per quarter?
38
39 In the same time-frame, we made $1440.30 from the store in commissions.
40
41 > > - Do we have credit cards/paypal/etc?
42 >
43 > Paypal, and a debit card for netbank. Unfortunately, we can't get
44 > money from paypal to netbank, which is one of the many reasons that we
45 > need a new bank.
46
47 I guess this also means that if they don't take Paypal, we can't buy it,
48 right?
49
50 > > Basically, I think that with this information, we can plan a budget for
51 > > things we know that we need, such as the above mentioned and also for
52 > > legal costs. So who can answer my questions?
53 >
54 > Does that help?
55
56 Quite a bit.
57
58 If we estimate that we get ~3000 per quarter, then we can assume $12,000
59 a year income at our current rate.
62 Chris Gianelloni
63 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
64 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
65 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
66 Gentoo Foundation