From: Matt Turner <mattst88@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Forming Gentoo Policy - Copyright Assignment and Attribution
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:26:22
1 The first email said:
2
3 On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 > With Regard to Copyright Assignment
5 > We'd like to propose that we create an agreement similar to the FSFe
6 > FLA and what is used by KDE to allow for VOLUNTARY assignment of
7 > copyright to the Gentoo Foundation.
8
9 And the second says:
10
11 On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
12 > If you have any concerns/objections to the policy which was outlined,
13 > which includes a mandatory requirement to sign a contributor license
14 > agreement and an option to also sign an assignment-like document based
15 > on the FSFe FLA, please speak up this week.
16
17 Voluntary to mandatory. That seems pretty fucking different?
18
19 I don't know if this was an oversight, a mistake, or a deliberate
20 change, (or maybe I just misread?) but it needs to be addressed.