From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] 2019 Gentoo Foundation Trustee Election & Annual General Meeting
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 21:29:44
1 On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 06:40:38PM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > I nominate the three incumbents.
3 > Robin H. Johnson (robbat2)
4
5 I accept the nomination, with a full manifesto to follow, just dealing
6 with IRL stuff presently as well as my 8+ years old desktop finally
7 failing (maybe buying Ryzen next week?).
8
9 The rough outline of my Manifest, from the perspective of Treasurer:
10 - finish the financial statement work
11 - missing sections that need improvements in report generation code
12 - try to assign value to the in-kind donations if recommended by the
13 CPA
14 - Produce FY2019 financial statements, as the FY just closed.
15 - Spend GENEROUSLY on Infra, RelEng needs
16 - Have a solid idea for a funding proposal from the Foundation? PLEASE
17 Submit it!
18 - Nitrokey program mostly a success in my opinion, higher budget
19 allowance would have permitted 2-3 keys/person that we asked about
20 later. WebAuthN keys are launching now, so we can consider it.
21 - much of the present infra hardware is getting old
22 - Nothing in the OSL racks is newer than 3 years.
23 - Multiple systems are in the 6-8 year range
24 - consider expanding the Ganeti VM hosting to consolidate the old
25 systems
26 - Networking gear is VERY old
27 - some releng arches need new boxes, e.g. sparc
28 - Treasurer perspective: this reduces need for carryover to new entity
29 if that route is chosen, esp. w.r.t the 501c3 1/3rd 2% donation
30 limits.
34 Robin Hugh Johnson
35 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
36 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
37 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
38 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136