From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] 2019 Gentoo Foundation Trustee Election & Annual General Meeting
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 15:50:43
1 On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 09:29:36PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 06:40:38PM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > > I nominate the three incumbents.
4 > > Robin H. Johnson (robbat2)
5 >
6 > I accept the nomination, with a full manifesto to follow, just dealing
7 > with IRL stuff presently as well as my 8+ years old desktop finally
8 > failing (maybe buying Ryzen next week?).
9 >
10 > The rough outline of my Manifest, from the perspective of Treasurer:
11 > - finish the financial statement work
12 > - missing sections that need improvements in report generation code
13 > - try to assign value to the in-kind donations if recommended by the
14 > CPA
15 > - Produce FY2019 financial statements, as the FY just closed.
16 > - Spend GENEROUSLY on Infra, RelEng needs
17 > - Have a solid idea for a funding proposal from the Foundation? PLEASE
18 > Submit it!
19 > - Nitrokey program mostly a success in my opinion, higher budget
20 > allowance would have permitted 2-3 keys/person that we asked about
21 > later. WebAuthN keys are launching now, so we can consider it.
22 > - much of the present infra hardware is getting old
23 > - Nothing in the OSL racks is newer than 3 years.
24 > - Multiple systems are in the 6-8 year range
25 > - consider expanding the Ganeti VM hosting to consolidate the old
26 > systems
27 > - Networking gear is VERY old
28 > - some releng arches need new boxes, e.g. sparc
29 > - Treasurer perspective: this reduces need for carryover to new entity
30 > if that route is chosen, esp. w.r.t the 501c3 1/3rd 2% donation
31 > limits.
34 > --
35 > Robin Hugh Johnson
36 > Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
37 > E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
38 > GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
39 > GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136
40
41 Robin, would you please share your opinion on the direction you would like to
42 see the Foundation go? That is, are you in favor of an umbrella or maintaining
43 a 501c3 for the Foundation? Combination of the two?
44
45 If maintaining a foundation, how do you propose the financials are taken care of
46 in the future?
49 Cheers,
50 Aaron