From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee nomination: Aaron Bauman (bman)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 22:50:21
1 On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 06:15:24PM -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Whatever you write into the bylaws, someone needs to enforce them.
3 > Today its the Foundation members, and they don't enforce anything and seem
4 > mostly oblivious to NPO operations.
5 > In the new NPO, who is supposed to care about the board's activities?
6 >
7 > Or is your theory that adding additional liability will result proper
8 > operation on its own?
9 >
10 > -A
13 I can't speak as to why enforcement is not occuring and I can't make any
14 promises. If the outlook is poor then I suppose we just don't proceed.
15
16 The liability is already there for the IRS piece. I hope those on the
17 board are aware of it. The silver lining for them is that the
18 foundation has enough money to pay any penalties and backtaxes.
19
20 My intent is to remove the "limitation of liability" by-law which
21 attempts to shielf trustees and officers, but really only can affect
22 certain things such as lawsuits against the Foundation. e.g. former dev
23 suing for X.
26 Cheers,
27 Aaron