From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation 2014 Election - Nomination Period
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:37:12
1 On 2014.06.15 18:45, David Abbott wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > The Gentoo Foundation Inc. is preparing for its annual Trustee
5 > Elections. The nomination period is four weeks commencing 16 June
7 > at 00:00:01 UTC. Nominations close 12 July, 23:59:59 UTC
8 >
9 [snip]
10
11 I'm in for a fourth team, if anyone wants me.
12
13 During my fourth term, if re-elected, I would like to work on
14 reorganising the Gentoo meta structure more in line with that of a
15 normal corporation. Mostly because what we have today works only as
16 long as we are all good friends.
17
18 It will break horribly if that changes and there have been a few near
19 hits since early 2008. When it breaks, not if, the Foundation will be
20 held both accountable and responsible for the fallout. The Foundation
21 cannot point to other groups within Gentoo and say it was nothing to to
22 with them.
23
24 At the very least, any group that makes decisions on behalf of Gentoo
25 needs to have its members as officers of the foundation. Moreso if the
26 decisions are sometimes controversial.
27
28 The groups I have in mind are Council, Pr and ComRel. There may be
29 others.
30
31 This is my own re-election manifesto. Its not been discussed with the
32 present board. If you think its a bad idea, don't vote for me.
33
34 There will need to be changes to the Foundation bylaws and probably a
35 GLEP or two but its all for the long term good of Gentoo.
38 Regards,
39
40 Roy Bamford
41 (Neddyseagoon) a member of