From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: removing retired developers by default
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 18:35:42
1 Hello,
2
3 As my second Bylaws change proposal, I would like to integrate
4 Foundation membership closer with our retirement procedures. I would
5 like the retired developers to be removed from Foundation by default,
6 unless they explicitly ask to stay. That way, we won't have to 'clean
7 up' inactive developers twice.
8
9 The main idea would be that since Recruiters inform (or should inform)
10 new developers that they can join the Foundation now, I think it would
11 also be reasonable for undertakers to appropriately ask retired
12 developers if they would like to continue their Foundation activity,
13 and inform Trustees of the retirement otherwise.
14
15 I'm not sure how to integrate it into Bylaws. However, I'd like to know
16 your opinion on the idea.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny