From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation membership
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 22:46:07
1 On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 15:26 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Hello Board of Trustees and Gentoo Foundation members,
3 >
4 > Since there is no documented procedure in place for doing this, I am
5 > doing this on the only officially-listed location for Foundation-related
6 > information/discussion.
7
8 Documentation for such does need to be created. Which very well will
9 likely consists of emails like this. Either sent publicly to the list
10 or privately to all trustees, a trustee, or otherwise. To respect the
11 privacy wishes of members wishing to leave but not disclose intentions.
12
13 > As of this moment, I wish to have my membership
14 > in the Gentoo Foundation revoked.
15
16 Ok, we will see that is done. Which I believe is mostly just removing
17 from voting abilities I believe. Not sure what else membership involves
18 or entails at this time.
19
20 > As a former member of the Gentoo
21 > Foundation Board of Trustees, I find the attitude and general
22 > distasteful treatment of members of this list by several members of the
23 > board to be appalling. As such, I no longer wish to be associated with
24 > this body, in any way, shape, or form. I strongly feel that certain
25 > elements within the current membership is more concerned with how they
26 > can best benefit themselves than what is best for the open source Gentoo
27 > project.
28
29 Well that's very sad to hear. I for one can say I am losing out in many
30 ways with my involvement. Much less Gentoo in the form of me not being
31 as active as I have been or would like to have been this year.
32
33 I am really concerned myself with the loss of time, money, etc with
34 little benefit to the community and Gentoo so far. While there has been
35 some minor progress and good things. I feel there are many basic tasks
36 still to be done, and the accomplishment level so far is quite low.
37
38 I am not aware of any other board members gaining anything personally,
39 either directly or indirectly at this time. I am very saddened to hear
40 that one would feel that.
41
42 > Please remove me from any future correspondence with regards to the
43 > Gentoo Foundation.
44
45 That would I guess mean this list and maybe the trustee alias if you are
46 still on that as a past trustees. Both I believe you can do as a dev and
47 as a infra team member. But we can make sure you are removed.
48
49 > I have no desire to participate in the political
50 > wrangling and insulting manner in which this legal body represents
51 > itself in public. Since the responses to many of these offenses seem to
52 > be shed in a positive light, I am left with no recourse of action other
53 > than to respectfully part ways with the current body.
54 >
55 > Thank you,
56
57 Your wishes will be respected.
60 > (P.S. - There's no point in responding to me, as I am unsubscribing from
61 > this list, effective immediately.)
62
63 Responding to list only because of the public posting.
66 William L. Thomson Jr.
67 amd64/Java/Trustees
68 Gentoo Foundation