From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Tax return and accounting discrepancies
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 01:48:45
1 On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:21 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 18:35 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > I do not hold any future board accountable for mistakes of the past. But
5 > I do look to any current board to correct any mistakes of the past. Such
6 > that they do not exist in the present.
7
8 Sure, we're agreed. My point is only that just as a CPA can only work
9 with what they're given, the trustees can only work with what they've
10 inherited. First priority needs to be moving forward, and then as we
11 are able we can try to clean up the past. We just have to do what we
12 can.
13
14 > Your cool, no worries. I was just making a point there, using you as an
15 > example, sorry about that.
16
17 So, I think the issue here is that we're over-personalizing things. I
18 think we need to step back.
19
20 Let's give the trustees a little time to respond, because honestly all
21 we can really add to this is speculation. Unless there is a good
22 reason not to, we really should try to make filings public. That
23 really can be as simple as a scanned PDF on a website or something -
24 there is no need to go crazy with GuideXML making it look pretty
25 (though that doesn't hurt). If there are reasons not to make that
26 public then I'm certainly all ears, although at least the New Mexico
27 annual report form looks to be pretty innocuous.
28
29 Rich