From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Agenda for Trustees meeting on Sunday 26th March 2017 19:00 UTC on irc.freenode.net #gentoo-trustees
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:11:58
1 On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:28 AM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 2017.03.20 07:34, Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 >> On 19-03-2017 17:10:53 -0500, Matthew Thode wrote:
4 >> > dabbott
5 >> > Motion: Remove 27 members that have not voted in last 2
6 >> elections.
7 >> > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation_Talk:Meetings/2017/02
8 >>
9 >> I guess slightly off-topic, but is there still a way to prevent
10 >> removal?
11 My opinion is if you want to remain a foundation member we just remove
12 you from the list of members to be dropped.
13 Regards,
14 David
17 >> Thanks,
18 >> Fabian
19 >>
20 >> --
21 >> Fabian Groffen
22 >> Gentoo on a different level
25 > Fabian,
26 >
27 > Long rambling story. Skip to the end if you want.
28 > When the board of 2008 were elected, the Foundation structure
29 > was such that devs became members automatically, unless
30 > they asked not to but never left.
31 >
32 > In theory, members vote for more than just the board and in
33 > some cases, may need to form a quorum. That's difficult with
34 > over 200 members, most of whom are no longer interesed in
35 > Gentoo. Thus a way to prune the membership was required.
36 >
37 > The trustees of the day (including myself) came up with the
38 > idea of dropping members who had not voted in the the most
39 > recent two elections.
40 >
41 > There have been a few active devs who have been dropped
42 > then reapplied. I don't think anyone has reapplied before
43 > beind dropped but this is the first time the list has been
44 > published.
45 >
46 > There has been some discussion in #gentoo-trustees about
47 > not dropping active devs. Thats up to the present board
48 > to change if they want to.
49 >
50 > Meanwhile, Foundation membership has been fairly
51 > automatic for devs, so I suppose the active devs on that
52 > list only need reapply.
53 >
54 > For the avoidance of doubt, I am no longer a trustee. I
55 > stood down in Aug 2016.
56 >
57 > --
58 > Regards,