From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominee manifestos?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:10:59
1 On śro, 2017-07-12 at 09:07 +0900, Alice Ferrazzi wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
4 > > >
5 > > > Thoughts?
8 > > Ideally a manifesto would be required or at least useful. However...
9 > >
10 > > The year I ran (because I was begged to, for lack of candidates) I was the
11 > > only one diligent enough to write a manifesto. And I wasn't elected. I may
12 > > have been a bad candidate for that election, although honestly I thought I
13 > > was the better candidate and I'm obviously unbiased, but it clearly shows
14 > > manifestos are not a factor. This and the council elections are beauty
15 > > contests. Very few people vote and those who do choose based on who they are
16 > > friends with. The only thing a manifesto does in a Gentoo election is
17 > > satisfy the conscience and ego of the author.
20 > yes, the manifesto is optional but someone have it.
21 >
22 > bit short but here is mine:
23 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~alicef/trustee-manifesto.html
24
25 Don't you think it would be appropriate to mention the source if your
26 Manifesto is 90% copy-paste of somebody else's?
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny