From: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominee manifestos?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 00:07:07
1 On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Thoughts?
7 > Ideally a manifesto would be required or at least useful. However...
8 >
9 > The year I ran (because I was begged to, for lack of candidates) I was the
10 > only one diligent enough to write a manifesto. And I wasn't elected. I may
11 > have been a bad candidate for that election, although honestly I thought I
12 > was the better candidate and I'm obviously unbiased, but it clearly shows
13 > manifestos are not a factor. This and the council elections are beauty
14 > contests. Very few people vote and those who do choose based on who they are
15 > friends with. The only thing a manifesto does in a Gentoo election is
16 > satisfy the conscience and ego of the author.
19 yes, the manifesto is optional but someone have it.
20
21 bit short but here is mine:
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~alicef/trustee-manifesto.html
26 Thanks,
27 Alice Ferrazzi
28
29 Gentoo Kernel Project Leader
30 Mail: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
31 PGP: 2E4E 0856 461C 0585 1336 F496 5621 A6B2 8638 781A