From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominee manifestos?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 22:57:46
1 On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Thoughts?
6 Ideally a manifesto would be required or at least useful. However...
7
8 The year I ran (because I was begged to, for lack of candidates) I was the
9 only one diligent enough to write a manifesto. And I wasn't elected. I may
10 have been a bad candidate for that election, although honestly I thought I
11 was the better candidate and I'm obviously unbiased, but it clearly shows
12 manifestos are not a factor. This and the council elections are beauty
13 contests. Very few people vote and those who do choose based on who they
14 are friends with. The only thing a manifesto does in a Gentoo election is
15 satisfy the conscience and ego of the author.
16
17 And now, ladies and gentlemen, Rich's 10-page reply [1].
18
19 Calchan
20
21 [1] This is merely an attempt at preemptively defusing one of his dreaded
22 novel-sized email bomb. Let's see if it works.