From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation legal filings updated
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:28:15
1 On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 14:01 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Monday 01 October 2007, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > > Also final thought, we might want to add something to the About Gentoo
4 > > page about the Foundation and etc. Just a technical overview of Gentoo,
5 > > portage etc. Also not sure if we ever want any sort of history page or
6 > > if one exists. Other than using wikipedia to find out info about the
7 > > foundation, history or etc.
8 >
9 > that's generally the realm of the docs team to manage ... we've moved from
10 > having a long about page to a shorter more concise page.
11
12 A concise paragraph covering the foundation, volunteer developer
13 community and etc. Would likely be suffice for that page without
14 extended length much beyond a single paragraph.
15
16 > perhaps we could
17 > investigate a longer version to cram all of our history into ...
18
19 I think that would be good either way. To have more of an official
20 documented history. Stating our own milestones or etc. Not what others
21 perceive.
24 William L. Thomson Jr.
25 Gentoo/Java