From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] How to raise money for Gentoo
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 00:02:24
1 Well said Roy!
2
3 On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
4 > On 2012.09.28 18:44, wbrana wrote:
5 >> > Feel free to discuss revenue ideas on gentoo-nfp <at>
6 >> lists.gentoo.org
7 >> *.gentoo.org pages could contain ads from DoubleClick
8 >> http://www.google.com/doubleclick/, which is used by e.g. Phoronix,
10 >> get more money which can be used for e.g. bug bounties.
14 > wbrana,
15 >
16 > It isn't going to happen. One of the attractive features of the
17 > gentoo.org namespace is its complete lack of advertising, unless you
18 > call acknowledging major sponsors in the side bar advertising.
19 >
20 > The trustees of the Gentoo Foundation Inc., have balloted members in
21 > the past about accepting advertising from large users of Gentoo. The
22 > trustees obtained a mandate for this.
23 >
24 > Gentoo has existed since October 4 1999 with the present funding model
25 > and it seem to work for Gentoo. To have double click advertising the
26 > Trustees would need to go back to the members for a new mandate.
27 >
28 > I for one would vote no as I don't want to see the gentoo.org namespace
29 > defaced by intrusive advertising while Gentoo has nothing to gain.
30 >
31 > --
32 > Regards,
33 >