From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] How to raise money for Gentoo
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:49:12
1 On 2012.09.28 18:44, wbrana wrote:
2 > > Feel free to discuss revenue ideas on gentoo-nfp <at>
3 > lists.gentoo.org
4 > *.gentoo.org pages could contain ads from DoubleClick
5 > http://www.google.com/doubleclick/, which is used by e.g. Phoronix,
7 > get more money which can be used for e.g. bug bounties.
11 wbrana,
12
13 It isn't going to happen. One of the attractive features of the
14 gentoo.org namespace is its complete lack of advertising, unless you
15 call acknowledging major sponsors in the side bar advertising.
16
17 The trustees of the Gentoo Foundation Inc., have balloted members in
18 the past about accepting advertising from large users of Gentoo. The
19 trustees obtained a mandate for this.
20
21 Gentoo has existed since October 4 1999 with the present funding model
22 and it seem to work for Gentoo. To have double click advertising the
23 Trustees would need to go back to the members for a new mandate.
24
25 I for one would vote no as I don't want to see the gentoo.org namespace
26 defaced by intrusive advertising while Gentoo has nothing to gain.
29 Regards,
30
31 Roy Bamford
32 (Neddyseagoon) a member of