From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: removing retired developers by default
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 20:22:28
1 On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 3:21 PM Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I am against this because the foundation and project have different goals
4 > and therefore different constituents.
5
6 In what specific ways do they differ? Why should the goal of the
7 Foundation be anything other than supporting the distro? This seems
8 like mission creep at best. IMO separate constituents are about the
9 worst thing that could happen to Gentoo, as it could lead to a need to
10 create yet another Foundation that would actually focus on the distro,
11 and then we get to watch two legal entities fight over which one is
12 the real one.
15 Rich