From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Next meeting; a motion to have 1 type of Gentoo member.
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 10:52:49
1 >>>>> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2
3 > I would like to point out that the bylaws repeatedly reference
4 > "Gentoo developers", c.f e.g Section 4.3: "Active Gentoo developers
5 > who are not members of the Foundation may apply for membership", and
6 > "Applicants who are not Gentoo developers need to cite verifiable
7 > evidence of contributing to Gentoo or to the stated aims of the
8 > Gentoo Foundation Inc. "
9
10 Also, GLEP 39 uses the term ("a project is a group of developers",
11 "council members represent all developers"). Since it was incepted by
12 an all-developers vote, it would presumably require an all-developers
13 vote again for such a change.
14
15 I would suggest keeping the established terminology there. Developers
16 have taken a variant of the quizzes. They can join projects and vote
17 for the council. Please don't create confusion by inventing new terms
18 like "contributor".
19
20 Ulrich