From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Next meeting; a motion to have 1 type of Gentoo member.
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 08:52:46
1 On 11/07/2016 03:32 AM, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > The foundation currently has 1 member type (in the bylaws) but Gentoo
3 > itself still seems to have 2 (Gentoo staff and Ebuild developer)
4
5 I would like to point out that the bylaws repeatedly reference "Gentoo
6 developers", c.f e.g Section 4.3: "Active Gentoo developers who are not
7 members of the Foundation may apply for membership", and "Applicants who
8 are not Gentoo developers need to cite verifiable evidence of
9 contributing to Gentoo or to the stated aims of the Gentoo Foundation Inc. "
10
11 Has the need for change of bylaws to reflect the new names, in addition
12 to all other documentation that needs updated, been considered with this
13 proposal? What is the ultimate goal of these changes. I'd request that a
14 Memorandum be produced that discusses the rewards and benefits somewhat
15 more verbosely ahead of the next AGM to have a basis of decision of
16 approval of the bylaw changes.
19 Kristian Fiskerstrand
20 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
21 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3