From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 21:15:26
1 On 2019.07.13 21:56, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 1:15 PM Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 > > On 2019.07.13 13:12, Roy Bamford wrote:
6 > > > Team,
7 > > >
8 > > > This is a meta topic to collect Questions For Gentoo Foundation
9 > > > Trustee Candidates together.
10 > > > The idea seemed to work well on -project for council candidates.
11 > > >
13 > topics
14 > > > will help keep responses and resulting discussion organised.
15 > > > Accordingly, I will respond to this post with my question.
16 > > >
17 > > > --
18 > > > Regards,
19 > > >
20 > > > Roy Bamford
21 > > > (Neddyseagoon) a member of
22 > > > elections
23 > > > gentoo-ops
24 > > > forum-mods
25 > > > arm64
26 > >
27 > > Team,
28 > >
29 > > In the event that the newly elected Foundation board determine that
30 > the
31 > > Gentoo Foundation should be dissolved in favour of joining an
32 > umbrella
33 > > how do the trustee candidates see Gentoos assets being managed?
34 > >
35 > > We will still have to manage our own assets, defend our trademarks
36 > > and so on. The Foundation will be gone and with it the group charged
37 > > with doing this sort of thing.
40 > I don't understand your question. "Gentoo" as a legal organization
41 > would
42 > not exist. The assets would be owned by the umbrella. Donations would
43 > go to
44 > the umbrella. The Community would submit requests to spend money to
45 > the
46 > umbrella (the same way they submit funding requests to the existing
47 > Gentoo
48 > Foundation.)
49 >
50 > Is that clearer?
51
52 Maybe an example will help?
53 What group or individual within Gentoo will determine if directing
54 the umbrella to buy a Power9 system for the distro is a good idea
55 or not.
56
57 Funding requests won't go to the umbrella until the distro somehow
58 authorises them. What is the somehow?
59
60 [snip]
61
62 > > --