From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question for Trustee candidates: your past Trustee work
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 17:48:51
1 On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 6:06 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I'd like to start asking questions to our Trustee candidates similarly
6 > to how we do it for the Council.
7 >
8 > The first question is for candidates who have been Trustees before (i.e.
9 > all of them right now):
10 >
11 > What have you done as a Trustee in your most recent term? How do you
12 > reflect on your work, and why? What would you do better, and how?
15 I am currently (and for the past year) President, Gentoo Foundation Inc. My
16 perception is that the Foundation is responsible for very little in the
17 eyes of the current community. In the past year we did two major things:
18 - Signed a deal with Nitrokey to issue keys to developers: We have since
19 paid for 96 keys.
20 - Hired a firm to do the Foundations taxes, we have paid back taxes for 4
21 years to the IRS.
22
23 For this upcoming year I would prefer to retain our tax firm (to pay taxes
24 this year) and look for a book-keeper so that Robin can have his time
25 freed. While my manifesto for President detailed adopting an umbrella
26 organization I don't realistically expect to find time for that in fiscal
27 2021.
28
29 In general when the Foundation had proposed to be more involved (e.g. by
30 raising more money and funding more initiatives) it was my perception that
31 community feedback was negative to both of these things; and so I felt our
32 energy was best directed at sustaining the status quo for the foundation.
33
34 -A
38 > --
39 > Best regards,