From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question for Trustee candidates: your past Trustee work
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 18:36:14
1 On Sun, 2020-06-28 at 10:48 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 6:06 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hello,
5 > >
6 > > I'd like to start asking questions to our Trustee candidates similarly
7 > > to how we do it for the Council.
8 > >
9 > > The first question is for candidates who have been Trustees before (i.e.
10 > > all of them right now):
11 > >
12 > > What have you done as a Trustee in your most recent term? How do you
13 > > reflect on your work, and why? What would you do better, and how?
16 > I am currently (and for the past year) President, Gentoo Foundation Inc. My
17 > perception is that the Foundation is responsible for very little in the
18 > eyes of the current community. In the past year we did two major things:
19 > - Signed a deal with Nitrokey to issue keys to developers: We have since
20 > paid for 96 keys.
21 > - Hired a firm to do the Foundations taxes, we have paid back taxes for 4
22 > years to the IRS.
25 I'm sorry but I'm not sure if that really answers the question. This
26 really feels like you're saying what Foundation did, not what you did.
27
28 I was asking what you personally was responsible for, what was the gain
29 from having you as a Trustee compared to the situation that somebody
30 else had the seat. I would like to know what you actually physically
31 did, not what votes you took part in or what you signed off on
32 as the president.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny