From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question for Trustee Candidates
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 20:42:06
1 Team,
2
3 The responses so far raise a further questions.
4
5 The Foundation currently has 74 members, not all of whom can serve as trustees.
6 The board consists of 5 members.
7
8 It follows that the board must consist of about 7% of the membership.
9 I'll go on to suggest that 7% is an unreasonably large proportion of the membership
10 required to serve on the board of our own legal entity.
11
12 As supporting evidence, I'll cite the lack of competition for seats on the board
13 over the last 12 years.
14
15 How do the candidates that favour maintaining our own legal entity intend to attract
16 a) more members?
17 b) members willing and able to serve as trustees?
20 Regards,
21
22 Roy Bamford
23 (Neddyseagoon) a member of