From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, trustees <trustees@g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, infra <infra@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Communication with Foundation Members
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:17:06
Ferris McCormick wrote:
> > Roy (NeddySeagoon) believes that this should be a mailing list whose > distribution is exactly the Foundation members and to which only the > trustees and officers of the foundation may post. A
I agree. I think that as a matter of openness we should encourage that gentoo-nfp or some other list be CC'ed on emails to the foundation-announce list, but the official list should be distributed exactly to foundation members. Then if there is some legal or practical reason to distribute something only to foundation members this could be easily done. This would be similar to gentoo-core - which is very-low-volume and general discussion is discouraged to keep distribution communications open to the public.