From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, trustees <trustees@g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, infra <infra@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Communication with Foundation Members
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:17:06
1 Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 >
3 > Roy (NeddySeagoon) believes that this should be a mailing list whose
4 > distribution is exactly the Foundation members and to which only the
5 > trustees and officers of the foundation may post. A
6
7 I agree. I think that as a matter of openness we should encourage that
8 gentoo-nfp or some other list be CC'ed on emails to the
9 foundation-announce list, but the official list should be distributed
10 exactly to foundation members. Then if there is some legal or practical
11 reason to distribute something only to foundation members this could be
12 easily done.
13
14 This would be similar to gentoo-core - which is very-low-volume and
15 general discussion is discouraged to keep distribution communications
16 open to the public.