From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 17:24:20
1 On Sun, 2019-07-14 at 12:32 -0400, Aaron Bauman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 05:24:16PM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > > On 2019.07.14 15:40, Aaron Bauman wrote:
4 > > [snip]
5 > >
6 > > > This can be fixed by proper by-laws, ...
7 > >
8 > > [snip]
9 > > > --
10 > > > Cheers,
11 > > > Aaron
12 > > >
13 > >
14 > > That's over simplification. For things to get fixed,
15 > > people have to do stuff. By-laws don't ensure
16 > > anything gets done.
17 > >
18 > > --
19 > > Regards,
20 > >
21 > > Roy Bamford
22 > > (Neddyseagoon) a member of
23 > > elections
24 > > gentoo-ops
25 > > forum-mods
26 > > arm64
27 >
28 > You are correct. It alone does not "fix it", but it does hold the board in
29 > violation of retaining one. Which in turn means Section 5.6 comes into play for
30 > the general membership.
31 >
32 > As other comments I have made stated, by-laws govern the trustees just as much
33 > as the general membership.
36 No offense meant but reading your posts, I start feeling like your
37 solution to all the problems boils down to 'force Trustees to fix them,
38 and if they don't, then force them more'. I'm not yet sure if this
39 involves pursuing legal responsibility on past Trustees (i.e. punishing
40 them for trying to fix stuff but being unable to fix it entirely), or
41 just pursuing current Trustees to the point that nobody will stand for
42 elections.
45 Best regards,
46 Michał Górny